Competence for industrial strength testing, tightness testing and purging systems to IGE/UP/1
Based on the Institute of Gas Engineers and Managers' publication IGE/UP/1, TPCP1 goes beyond the scope of TPCP1A to include LPG and other fuel gases, operating pressures of up to 2 bar (LPG) and 7 bar (natural gas), pipes above 150 mm diameter and installation volumes above 1 cubic metre.
This in-depth course is designed for both gas engineers and managers.
Full training will be given on the responsibilities and complexities that working on gas systems of this scope entails. Topics include:
• Exclusion zones and safe pressuriation for pneumatic testing at higher pressures
• The need for hydrostatic testing where pneumatic testing would be unsafe
• Dealing with 'creep' in PE pipe
• Correcting results for changes in ambient temperature and pressure in extended tests
• Understanding maximum permitted leak rate (MPLR) for all area types
• Calculating installation volume and purge volume
• Determining the volume of inaccessible pipework
• Direct and indirect purging
• Selection of purge stacks (vent or flare)
• Understanding purge flow rate, purge velocity, safe end points and purge times
• Correcting rotameter flow readings for changes in purge gas density
• Understanding the risks of using nitrogen cylinders
• Documentary requirements (e.g. pipe line diagrams, certificates, permit-to-work systems)
TPCP1 requires an associated commercial core assessment, e.g. COCN1, CODNCO1, CCCN1 or CODC1.
Candidates who hold TPCP1 are also deemed to hold TPCP1A, so you won't need to renew TPCP1A if you've upgraded to TPCP1.